TORONTO — Freshly cut grass, barbeque and the old familiar scent of diesel are just a few of the things you’ll smell at the various shows around Canada this summer, starting with the first ever Woodstock Truck Show. Held at the TA Travel Plaza (Exit 230 on the 401) in Woodstock, ON, the show will feature at least 50 trucks vying for a spot in a 2015 charity calendar and will run on May 31 and June 1st.
June truck shows
- 7: Peterbilt Ontario Truck Centres in Whitby is hosting its 2nd annual open house and show and shine. Peterbilt is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year and the special anniversary edition 579 is sure to make a guest appearance. The event runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and features a BBQ and Road Hammers concert.
- 6-8: You won’t want to miss this truck drivers’ “super party” from June 6th to 8th in Mont-Laurier, QC. The party’s promising a rush of music, trucks, motorcycles, antique cars and everything nice. There will be a show n’ shine, truck parade, heavy truck race and of course, awards.
- 21-22: The truck stops at Burl’s Creek Park in Oro, ON, where the 2014 Canadian All Truck Nationals will be taking place June 21 and 22. There’s camping on site and big rig show n’ shine as well as a truck and tractor pull.
- 26-29: Back in Quebec, there’s the 33rd annual Truck Festival in La Dore from June 26 to 29. There will be trucks galore, music, food, festivities, truck racing and a truck parade. Not to mention the traditional lottery, awards and prizes.
- 28-30: From June 28 to 30, the Clifford Truck Show will be back for the fifth time at Rotary Park in Clifford, ON, featuring a host of classic trucks as the show pays homage to our industry’s past. You can also camp overnight right on the show grounds, and with low admission fees, the Clifford Truck Show promises to be a unique classic experience.
July truck shows
- 5-6: Then there’s the Silver Willow Classic, which will take place July 5th and 6th in Mansfield, ON. Antique cars and trucks as well as today’s high-performance diesel pullers battle it out in the show competition for some limited-edition Collector Trophies. This year’s the second time for the judged show competition and there’s now camping for show goers.
- 5-6: Also that weekend, on the west coast, Pro Trucker Magazine is hosting the Big Rig Show n’ Shine in Chilliwack, BC. Participants can enjoy a great combination of live music, steak BBQ and best lights competition, dash plaques, door prizes, etc. And this year, for the first time, some of the rigs will be parked indoors – the show has 70,000 sq. ft. of indoor truck parking and booth space.
- 12-13: The Vancouver Island chapter of the American Truck Historical Society is putting on its annual summer truck show in Duncan at the BC Forest Discovery Centre on July 12 and 13. On display will be about 100 trucks such as Hayes and Pacific Logging trucks, Diamond T and International Harvester trucks, just to name a few.
- 20: On July 20, Joseph Haulage is hosting its third annual show and shine truck show in Ancaster, ON. There will be a BBQ, live music, games, prizes, trophies, swag and an all-around heck of a good trucking time. To RSVP, call 905 643 0637 ext. 3245.
- 25-27: One of the summer highlights on the show schedule is the Fergus Truck Show at the Centre Wellington Community Sportsplex, located on 550 Belsyde Avenue in Fergus, ON. Taking place from July 25 to 27, it features a long list of events over the weekend including a demolition derby, truck pull and many live bands to keep the energy up and the party going until the wee hours. Mark your calendars, this one’s going to be epic.
- 31: the following weekend is Quebec’s big show, the Rodéo du Camion. Starting July 31 and running until August 3rd, live bands will be the evening follow-up to each day of truck racing, barbeque and family fun. The show takes place in Notre-Dame-du-Nord, QC.
August truck shows
- 15-17: Then in August, from the 15th to the 17th, get ready for the challenge! The 255 Challenge, that is, an event held in Baie-du-Febvre, QC, that promises to be a weekend full of adrenaline and activities! The main attractions, of course, are the racing trucks and the show n’ shine, but there will also be antique cars, pickups, motorcycles, entertainment and more.
- 16-17: Another Big Rig Weekend is happening in Red Deer, AB on August 16-17. Alberta’s finest will compete in the show n’ shine and best lights competitions. There will be prizes, live music, a BBQ and much more.
- 30-31: You’ll also not want to miss the Big Rig Drag Racing competition held on August 30-31st 2014 as part of the Labor Day festivities in St. Joseph de Beauce, QC. Truckers from all over Quebec, Ontario, New Brunswick and the U.S. battle it out in the truck pulling and acceleration competition all in the name of charity!
September truck shows
Wrap up a great summer at the 2014 Cocagne Truck Show, scheduled for Saturday, September 6th at the Marina Grounds in Cocagne, NB. This working truck show n’ shine is now in its third year and features live music, BBQ, light show and an all-round good time!
With truck shows featuring all kinds of rigs in all kinds of locations this summer, there’s something for everyone this summer, so grab your keys, your polishing wax, and your appetite for entertainment and let the good times roll.
And if you know of another truck show here in Canada, please give us a shout!
Have your say
We won't publish or share your data