MISSISSAUGA RAMP TO BE UPGRADED

MISSISSAUGA, Ont. — To improve the movement of people and goods through fast-growing Mississauga, Ontario plans to rebuild the highway interchange at Mississauga Road and Hwy. 401.

An agreement reached between Transportation Minister Brad Clark and the Peel Region will allow for a cost-shared solution to the inferior ramp.

“Hwy. 401 is a key economic corridor for Peel Region and our province,” says Clark. “When completed, this project will significantly improve traffic flow, enhance road safety and encourage economic expansion. Once again, our government’s record investment in highway infrastructure is fueling economic growth throughout Ontario.”

The Province will invest 66 per cent of the $18 million project value, with the Region responsible for the remaining 34 per cent. The agreement will support the municipality’s plans to widen Mississauga Road to service business growth in the area.

“We are pleased to be working with the Province on this project,” says regional chairman Emil Kolb. “It’s a fine example of governments working together to improve services for Peel businesses and residents.”

The reconstruction will include, environmental assessments and preliminary design studies, widening on Mississauga Road within the interchange, bridge replacement, reconstruction of Hwy. 401 ramps, construction of a permanent car pool lot, and other safety improvements.

Construction is scheduled to begin in late fall 2001 and will be completed by summer 2003.

Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry.


Have your say


This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.

*