Permits required for NWT commercial travel

Avatar photo

YELLOWKNIFE, NWT — A new bill in the Northwest Territories is requiring carriers to obtain trip permits before a commercial vehicle can cross prescribed boundaries.

Before crossing boundaries of prescribed zones on primary highways in the Territories, a trip permit must now be obtained from the Ministry of Transportation.

The permit will specify the commercial vehicle’s planned route.

The Alberta Motor Transport Association has a number of carriers who operate in the NWT, and they will be meeting to discuss a possible course of action. For more information, contact Al Smythe at 403-243-3767.

Avatar photo

Truck News is Canada's leading trucking newspaper - news and information for trucking companies, owner/operators, truck drivers and logistics professionals working in the Canadian trucking industry.

Have your say

This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.