WINNIPEG, Man. — In conjunction with this year’s Canadian Truck Show, the Performance with Pride Show & Shine series made its first stop of the season and handed out some well-deserved hardware.
Taking home both the coveted participants’ and people’s choice awards was Andy Zary’s 1959 Mack B-61. The retired Saskatchewan trucker also picked up top honors in the engine division for his heavily chromed ENDT-673-C Thermodyne, which boasts more than 300hp.
Other winners at the show were:
* Brad Pesky of Winnipeg Motor for bobtail custom mural;
* Dennis Dumontier of Flying Eagle Transport for combo custom mural;
* Tom Nicol of Jade Transport for bobtail custom graphics;
* Mark Brandt of Mark Brandt Trucking for combo custom graphics;
* Jeff Fortune of Deck-X for bobtail lights;
* Brian Swartz of Swartz Trucking for combo lights;
* Kelsey Schultz of CBF Trucking for specialized;
* Larry Faso and Brad Pesky of Winnipeg Motor for company combo 2000;
* Mark Brandt of Mark Brandt Trucking for company combo 2001;
* John Dyck of Jade Transport for company bobtail 2000;
* Randy Bullik of Lee River Transport for company bobtail 2001;
* Brian Swartz of Swartz Trucking for combo 1999-98;
* Bruce Lloyd of Winnipeg Motor for combo 2001-2000;
* Jeff Fortune of Deck-X for bobtail 1997-94;
* Denis Zinn of Trans-X for bobtail 1998;
* Bruce Powell of Quik-X for bobtail 1999;
* Mike MacDonald of Martin’s Vegetable Sales for overall bobtail;
* Randy Bullik of Lee River Transport for custom paint bobtail;
* Brian Swartz of Swartz Trucking for overall combo;
* and, Mark Brandt of Mark Brandt Trucking for overall company.
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.