Vehicle graphics design awards call for entries
TORONTO, Ont. — The Private Motor Truck Council of Canada is calling for entries for the 19th annual Vehicle Graphics Design Awards competition.
Co-sponsored by 3M Canadas Commercial Graphics Division, the Vehicle Graphics Design Awards recognize fleet operators and graphic design companies who graphically enhance their vehicles. The competition is open to all Canadian fleet operators; entry deadline is May 14th, 2004.
These awards have become a reflection of the positive image of the trucking industry, says Bruce Richards, president, Private Motor Truck Council of Canada. Through the Vehicle Graphics Design Awards Competition, the PMTC is able to promote the work of fleet operators and graphic houses. It is terrific to be able to provide a forum with which to recognize the efforts of fleets and graphic houses from all across Canada.
Many of the entrants and winners are recognizable to people across the country. Last years winners included Cold Springs Farms, Porkys BBQ & Leisure, Schneider Foods, Factory Shoe, Home Hardware Stores, Okanagan Spring Brewery, Muskoka Transport, Bison Transport, The TDL Group and Federated Co-operatives.
The public responds well to the concept of these rolling billboards, says Richards. Companies that use fleet graphics to deliver their message while delivering their products are making the best possible use of the marketing opportunities that their fleet offers.
3M Commercial Graphics has sponsored the event for many years now. We are proud to be a part of the competition that recognizes fleet graphics, says Lynn Daly, market supervisor, 3M Commercial Graphics. Fleet graphics are an eye-catching, cost-effective advertising medium and they can be a key component of a company’s advertising budget.
h Tractor Trailer Combination
h Special Event/Promotion
h Straight Truck
h Night-time Safety
h Light Duty Commercial Truck
h Identity Fleet Graphics V New!
1. Contest is open to all Canadian truck fleet operators
2. Entries in Tractor Trailer Combination must include a photo of both tractor and trailer hooked up.
3. Entries in the Night-time Safety category must include a night-time photo
4. Entries should be submitted directly to PMTC. Visit the awards section of the PMTC Web site (pmtc.ca) and follow the simple directions to submit your entry and photos electronically.
Alternatively, hard copy photo entries may be submitted by completing this form and mailing to the PMTC office (call 905-827-0587 for details).
5. Entries must be received in the PMTC office by May 14, 2004.
6. Award winners will be recognized during the PMTC Annual General Meeting and Conference, June 2004.
7. Judges reserve the right to assign entries to the most appropriate category. All judges decisions are final.
Need more information? Contact the PMTC at 905-827-0587 or by fax at 905 -827-8212 or visit www.pmtc.ca
Have your say
This is a moderated forum. Comments will no longer be published unless they are accompanied by a first and last name and a verifiable email address. (Today's Trucking will not publish or share the email address.) Profane language and content deemed to be libelous, racist, or threatening in nature will not be published under any circumstances.